US Military Finds Few Women Who Want to Join the Infantry

Home Forums US Military Topics US Military Finds Few Women Who Want to Join the Infantry

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by GIKorea GIKorea 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    GIKorea
    GIKorea
    Keymaster

I have been saying this for quite some time that I believe that infantry jobs should be opened to women, but at the same I never expected many women to be interested in taking them. So far this is proving to be true. However, will the feminist groups be happy about this or will they claim that high standards are an artificial barrier to keep women out of the infantry?:

Three years after the Pentagon ordered the military services to prepare to open all ground combat jobs to women, few of them have expressed interest in a career in the infantry or other newly opened positions.

As part of an experimental program, 233 women who completed Marine Corps infantry and other ground combat schools are eligible for those jobs, but none has requested a formal transfer.

The Army sees similar results. “We’re not expecting a high propensity for infantry or armor,” said Lt. Col. Jerry Pionk, an Army spokesman.

The Marine Corps initially expected about 200 women a year to enter jobs previously closed to women, including a small number in the infantry. [USA Today]

You can read more at the link.

Reply To: US Military Finds Few Women Who Want to Join the Infantry
Your information: