Secretary Mattis Tells "Tough Hombres" To Continue Holding the Line for America

Home Forums US Military Topics Secretary Mattis Tells "Tough Hombres" To Continue Holding the Line for America

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by GIKorea GIKorea 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    GIKorea
    GIKorea
    Keymaster

Some more great impromptu wisdom from Secretary of Defense James Mattis:

Mattis’ remarks, which were made in Jordan, according to the site’s administrator, were posted in the wake of a tumultuous week in the United States following the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, and fallout from President Donald Trump’s response. It’s unclear when exactly Mattis made the comments, though Mattis traveled to Turkey, Ukraine and Jordan last week.

In the video, Mattis begins by introducing himself to a small group. “To those of you I don’t know, I’m Mattis. And I work in the Department of Defense,” he says. Troops who spotted Mattis gathered around to hear the unscripted motivational speech.

“Believe me, I know you’re far from home, every one of you. I know you all should be going to college, you young people or you could be back on the block. I’m grateful. And the only way this great big experiment you and I call America is gonna survive is we got tough hombres like you,” says Mattis.

He notes that many in the group surrounding him were too young to remember 9/11, but explains that the enemy then “thought if he could hurt us, he could scare us.”

He continues, “But we don’t frickin’ scare and that’s the bottom line, and we’ll go out there and fight alongside our friends and allies, and we’re going to keep on fighting until they’re sick of us and leave us alone.”  [Good Morning America]

You can read more at the link.

Reply To: Secretary Mattis Tells "Tough Hombres" To Continue Holding the Line for America
Your information: